Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Today we got the glorious news that our trip to the mountains has an actual departure date: Saturday, May 3. Or for all of you in America, Friday night, May 2. I'm excited. I'm still kind of in shock. We've been planning and preparing for a trip since we got here, but I can't believe that it's actually time--now.

Another huge praise: our visas went through on the university's side, and tomorrow we will, Lord-willing, finish the process. They've been processed in record time, which is due completely to the Mighty One working and many remembrances being offered up by many of you. Thank you!! This will grant us an entire year in N. without having to do monthly runs to the immigration office.

So, back to the mountains. Check out this link if you want to know where in the world I'll be: http://ncthakur.itgo.com/districtmaps/mustang_district.htm
The main cities along the bottom of the map (starting with Jom, Kag, and Muk) are where we'll be. The elevation runs between 9,000 and 12,000 feet. Not too bad, but definitely the highest I will have ever been in my lifetime ;) We'll take a bus on Saturday morning, stay the night in P-city (the destination of my last trip outside the city) and then fly out Sunday morning to J-city. We'll do some work in J-city, then trek up to the next city, meet people, then trek to the next town, and so on and so forth.

I'll be gone for 3 weeks, and hope that you'll partner with me during this time. Primarily I'll be meeting with existing contacts, making new friends/contacts, and looking for opportunities and places for future work in these areas. . .kinda like a vision trip. I really covet and appreciate your lifting me up, along with Amber and our national friend, S-bu.

After this trip, we'll be back in town for about 5 days and then head back up to another mountainous region for about 3 weeks, and then back in town for less than a week, and then off to Thailand for 3 weeks, and then I don't know. All that to say, I won't be around internet much the next few months, but I'll be sending out a calendar to all of my partners within the next few days with requests to lift up to our Father. If you're not already on my newsletter list and would like to receive a calendar, write me and I'll add you . . .

3 comments:

CD said...

Really excited for you guys and pr.ying! This is it! Can't wait to hear stories and see pics from your trekking adventures. Blessings!

Mike and Kelsey said...

I got your calendar and we're going to be thinking of you every day for the next 3 weeks, I can't wait to hear your reports when you get back to your home! love you!

Marianne W said...

Hey....so excited for you.. send me a calendar for DBC.
Love you bunches and you are always in our thoughts!
Leon and Marianne