It's the little things in life that are often the most delightful.
Oho, you thought I was going to wax eloquent there, didn't you? ;) Actually, today I am just so thankful to Him for little things. A morning run. A Piper sermon online. Oatmeal. A cheap and safe bus ride. A morning off.
This week I've been able to talk about the Reason I'm here so much. It has been exciting, but only whets my appetite for more. Some of you have asked, but I really can't put into words how at-home I feel here now. These past 2 months have flown by. Only about 6 more weeks and we'll be trekking. Language will be finished (at least our formal study). During May we'll hike in one area, June we train volunteers who are coming and take them up to another mountain area, July we're in Thailand for about 3 weeks, and in August we get to start the cycle again. After those initial 2 treks it will be pretty much to Amber and me to decide in which area we will continue to work. After heading back out until the cold sets in around October, my first year will be nearly up. Amazing.
Life is short. You're next day is not promised. Live today all-out, full-throttle for His glory.
Friday, March 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i miss you so much! i used the egg cups last weekend and made my english husband very happy!
Post a Comment