Sunday, March 30, 2008

ramblings

So many strange things happen here over the course of a week that your mind can't retain all of them, or even begin to process them. I would write a detailed post about the stuff I've seen, done, and experienced, but words fail and I have no pictures (my battery has been dead and I just recharged it).

Tonight it's already late. We had a sending-out ceremony for 3 of our national friends tonight. They leave the day after tomorrow for a very dark, very remote part of the country (it's the farthest NW corner of the country, if you're curious). Please think of them often, especially with the elections being held while they are gone. These are uncertain times for traveling. This is made especially so when traveling to a place where you often get stuck for almost 2 weeks just waiting on a plane to be able to land on the runway so you can get out! We'll be heading to this same region in about 2 months.

Wow, there's so much more to tell. For now I'll just ask for you to remember these guys. You can remember them as the 3 Boo's. Think of them over the next month as often as you think of me, please. They are my brothers--and yours--and are heading out into known difficulty, privation, and discomfort for the sake of the name.

No comments: