Thursday, July 3, 2008

explanations

Okay, here's the dialogue to go along with the photos:
1) a lotus alight at the Thai cultural dinner place we visited tonight in Chiang Mai
2) umbrella dance. These dances looked like they were right out of "The King and I." Amazing.
3) totally out of order, but I couldn't resist the Starbucks here. The drink is green (not brown) because I am a much bigger tea fan than coffee, so that's a green tea frappicino you're viewing. Good stuff.
4) idols: so prevalent and ornate in this Buddhist country. I'm grieved by how dedicated these people are to lies spun by the Enemy.
5 & 6) Lantern liftoff at the end of the cultural show. This is an Asian tradition usually reserved for the Lunar New Year's, but it was fun to see tonight!
7) Camille and I at the dinner/show. We'll be vacationing together (along with Amber) this coming week. I can't wait :)
8, 9, 10, 11) more Thai dinner stuff. The food was delicious, but there was hardly time to eat it because of trying to get pictures of the dinner show!
12) Baby Emma A., from my city back home (well, my new home). She was ADORABLE, and very good for me when babysitting for Parents' Night Out here during training.
13) Purple dragon fruit. Normally it's white with black polka dots and red skin. This wasn't quite as fun, in my opinion.
14) Couldn't resist this shot for Jon. So random.

No comments: