"Yo." Such a small word, so many meanings.
English: interjection, slang greeting.
Chinese: verb, to have.
Spanish: personal pronoun, I.
Nepali: definitive adjective, this.
This is just one word I have found to be confusing because of prior language studies. Linguists call it "interference" (go figure) when your first language or other languages you have learned conflict with the current language you are learning.
On the upside, I do feel I'm picking things up, slowly but surely. Having to do 30+ hours of language study a week might have something to do with that, a requirement for which I'm very grateful. Today Amber and I went out with a friend to meet her friends in the area, some Followers, most not. We shared our stories with some, and talked with Father along the way about the seeds he was planting. When we came back home, our friend practice language for about an hour with us. Now we're enjoying internet while we have electricity. . . it came on about 12:30, I think, for the first time today. It will probably go off again sometime this evening for at least 4 hours.
Monday, February 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Can you email us some specific requests that we can ask Dad in behalf for you? Miss you and think of you daily...
Josie
Post a Comment