Saturday, January 12, 2008

cold

Cold: adjective, noun. 1. Low temperature. 2. Stuffy nose.

It has become cooler here today, although when compared to temperatures back in the States, it is still pretty warm. We are actually running the mini electric heater in our room (seriously, this thing is no more than a foot by 8" by 4"). It's doing a good job keeping the chill away that greets you when you walk into the hallway. With marble floors and concrete walls, these houses lock in cold air.

Yesterday and today I've been battling a cold. Today it got to the allergy-hype stage, where both my nose AND my eyes are spouting fluid--sorry to be so graphic. I napped from about 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m., which is why I am up so late. Otherwise, as one girl described it, it's like a geriatric society around here because everyone is so jet-lagged that bedtime is between 8 and 10.

Tomorrow my partner and two guys also engaging our Pgroup head to a Nepali fellowship at 1 p.m. It will be my first visit to a fellowship here, and my first real sabbath since I departed the States. . .I'm really looking forward to it.

No comments: