Sunday, January 13, 2008

Sunday stuff


Amber and I in our "suits." Obviously you can't see the entire thing. The most interesting part are the pants :) They balloon like crazy, and look like size XXXL pj's or something. Fortunately, the top comes just below the knees, and controls some of the blimp effect. The shawl across our shoulders is a dupatta, and represents your virtue and chastity. None of this really applies to our lives in N., but while we're visiting/training in Delhi we wear them out of respect for the culture (and since we were going to a fellowship).
The fellowship was from 1-3 p.m. in the basement of the building, so it was a bit cool. I think I understood all of 4 words during the two hours. . .but that will get better after a few months! After a rickshaw ride, we stopped for tea on the way home.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!! says James in reference to stopping for tea. I say "whoop dee doo" :) We are glad that we can finally leave comments...did you get our original email to the address you gave us? We have been lifting you guys upwards every day and will continue to do so...please email me with more specific needs! Hope you're feeling better :-D
Love,
Josie

Rosemary said...

You look good! Wish I could see the pants (smile). Hope the drippy eyes are gone. You are being thought of constantly. In large group, you were talked about, and made me get runny eyes.:) Enjoy the time!

Mike and Kelsey said...

You are so beautiful in your blue outfit; it sounds comfortable anyway. Are the rickshaws similar to Chinese rickshaws? Your day sounds so delightful, even with the snuffy nose, compared to my day at work! I have to keep reminding myself - I don't waste my life by where I work, but how I work and why! :)

Marianne W said...

You are beautiful in the picture. And yes, you were talked about in "large group" and she did indeed get runny eyes. me too....